BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Favorite Food!


MY FAVORITE FOOD

Tiula Itum (Black Soup)



Here is the procedure for making the dish
Ingredients:
Mature Coconut Meat
Turmeric
Beef Stew Meat
Green Chili
Salt
Pepper
Onions

Procedure
1) Roast the coconut meat until its black. Pound the burnt coconut meat to powder.
2) Pound turmeric ginger. Then mix with the coconut dust.
3) Use mixture to rub the beef cuts.
4) Saute onions.
5) Add the beef cuts.
6) Add water. Let boil then simmer until meat is tender.
7) Add chili.
8) Season to taste.

Tiula itum is a TAUSUG dish. It is exotic even to me.
I just had my first taste of the famous Tiula Itum last time at Khisma's Muslim Cuisine in Zamboanga. 'Itum' means BLACK or ITAM. So don't be surprised if you're served a piping hot black broth. As L put it, the blacker the better. Also, the hotter the better, the spicier the better.I MISS EATING THIS FOOD!;(

0 comments: